Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Doug Morgan - cyclist, musician, lawyer, entrepreneur's advocate and heck of a nice guy joins Hahn Loeser

Many of us in the entrepreneur, tech, music and cycling world think very highly of Doug. Following is Doug's letter to the community about his move to Hahn Loeser & Parks. We wish you well Doug!!!

After 8 years with Calfee, I have decided to leave the firm to join the Columbus office of the dynamic, growing law firm of Hahn Loeser. With over 120 lawyers and offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Indianapolis, Naples and Fort Myers, Hahn Loeser is a full service business law firm with deep expertise and resources in all of the practice areas needed by my clients, including mergers & acquisitions, securities and corporate finance, tax, succession planning, litigation, employee benefits, patent, trademark and other intellectual property. I am very pleased that my good friend and colleague, Eric Baisden, is also joining Hahn Loeser. Eric will continue to work from the Columbus office to assist our central Ohio clients with their labor and employment needs. For more information regarding Hahn Loeser, you may go to www.hahnlaw.com.

Hahn Loeser is deeply committed to growing its already substantial central Ohio presence. The firm has, and will devote, the resources necessary to ensure that our central Ohio clients have the best, most cost-effective and responsive legal support available. That’s what convinced me and Eric that Hahn Loeser would be the best place to provide the best service to our clients, many of whom are growing rapidly even in this challenging economy.

My role at Hahn Loeser will, at my request, change profoundly. I’ve spent most of the past 8 years as managing partner of the Calfee Columbus office, managing attorneys and making sure they had enough work, and building the Calfee brand in Columbus. Under my leadership the office grew from 8 to 25 professionals. I am proud of my work at Calfee and am leaving on good terms and look forward to continuing my friendship with my former colleagues there. At Hahn Loeser, I will focus 100% of my time and attention on my clients and their needs. The office is managed by my good friend, Steve Chappelear, one of the top litigators in Columbus and former President of the Columbus Bar Association. With management in Steve’s capable hands, I will be able to do what I love and do best - representing my clients and practicing law.

Hahn Loeser is also deeply committed to the Columbus community. As part of that commitment, I will continue my strong involvement with the Columbus Chamber, the Franklin Park Conservatory, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, the Columbus Museum of Art, CAPA and the Childhood League Center, in addition to helping with all of the good work the firm is already doing in the community. I am very pleased with the firm’s commitment to achieving a diverse, multi-cultural workplace and to adopting sustainable, “green” business practices. (Although it was non-negotiable, they have given me permission to continue riding my bike to work.) I am pleased to be a member of Hahn Loeser’s existing “Green Committee” which is dedicated to constantly reviewing the firm’s practices to find and implement best green practices throughout the firm.

My first official day with Hahn Loeser was Thursday, January 28. My new email address is dmorgan@hahnlaw.com and my direct phone number is 614-233-5135 . I am very excited about joining Hahn Loeser and would like to have an opportunity to tell you more about the firm and what we have to offer. Let me know if you'd have time for breakfast, lunch or a beer after work sometime soon.

About Doug:

Douglas S. Morgan has more than 20 years of experience in general corporate law, corporate finance, securities, and mergers and acquisitions, in addition to his experience in the areas of banking, real estate and venture capital. Mr. Morgan counsels public and private companies on a wide variety of matters, including reorganizations, entity structuring and corporate governance. He has successfully managed transactions involving commercial finance, venture capital and mezzanine funds, as well as complex real estate and development projects, and has worked with several successful start-up companies, including those in the technology and banking areas. He will practice out of Hahn Loeser's Columbus office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home