Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning Muses - Aug 11 2008 - A primer on texting

Good morning,

With school starting up I thought it might be helpful to provide all you a glossary of what your kids are furiously texting on their phones...

enjoy..

2moro - Tomorrow
2nite - Tonight
BRB - Be Right Back
BTW - By The Way
B4N - Bye For Now
BCNU - Be Seeing You
BFF - Best Friends Forever
CYA - Cover Your Ass
DBEYR - Don't Believe Everything You Read
DILLIGAS - Do I Look Like I Give A Sh**
FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Disinformation
FWIW - For What It's Worth
GR8 - Great
ILY - I Love You
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
IRL - In Real Life
ISO - In Search Of
J/K - Just Kidding
L8R - Later
LMAO - Laughing My Ass Off
LOL - Laughing Out Loud -or- Lots Of Love
LYLAS - Love You Like A Sister
MHOTY - My Hat's Off To You
NIMBY - Not In My Back Yard
NP - No Problem
NUB - it stands for a new person
OIC - Oh, I See
OMG - Oh My God
OT - Off Topic
POV - Point Of View
RBTL - Read Between The Lines
ROTFLMAO - Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
RT - Real Time
RTM - Read The Manual
SH - Sh** Happens
SITD - Still In The Dark
SOL - Sh** Out of Luck
STBY - Sucks To Be You
SWAK - Sealed With A Kiss
TFH - Thread From Hell
THX - Thanks
TLC - Tender Loving Care
TMI - Too Much Information
TTYL - Talk To You Later
TYVM - Thank You Very Much
VBG - Very Big Grin
WEG - Wicked Evil Grin
WTF - What The F***
WYWH - Wish You Were Here
XOXO - Hugs and Kisses

a few more...
aeap: as early as possible. Cool kids don't use ASAP because the phrase has been long overused by their parents.
@wrk: At work
101: Beginner
1 2nd or 1sec: One second
abc: already been chewed (we've already discussed that)
afair: As far as I remember
aml: All my love
*asl: Age, sex, location. The person is asking for information on these things.
b3: Blah, blah, blah
b4: Before
b4n: Bye for now
bbs: Be back soon
bk or back: Back (as in, "I was away from my messages, and now I'm back.")
ctn: Can't talk now
dbl8: Don't be late
gudluk: Good luck
h&k: Hugs and kisses
hand: Have a nice day (this one always confused me!)
ilu: I love you
l8r: Later
pos: parent over shoulder
ptb: Please text back
ringl8: Running late
ruok: Are you okay?
tos: Teacher over shoulder
*td2m or tdtm: Talk dirty to me
wan2: Want to?
y: Why?
ynk: You never know
yr: Your

Peace Out,
Ben

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home