Monday, March 2, 2009

TechLife Community Builder - Dan Harris

Over the last few months the TechLife meetup community has grown to over 800 members and 75 events. I've been told that the difference is palpable and there is a sense of excitement and collaboration in our technology community that we've never seen.

The movement you feel is due to a large degree to those who have freely given of their time and sometimes money to organize events, connect people, cultivate creative business building ideas, and model the collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial spirit so important to the sustained health and vitality of Columbus. I call those people " TechLife Community Builders" . They are the unsung heros in our community. In the upcoming weeks you're going to see their profiles. Please thank them for all they're doing. 

Our first featured TechLife Community Builder is Dan Harris:

 BIO:
I am a Director of corporate communications and marketing, Graduate of Franklin University, living in Powell, Ohio - I pride myself on being a multi-tasking machine, highly creative and extremely motivated marketing professional. I have broad experience in all aspects of marketing high-tech software and services to enterprises and telecommunication providers in start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. I currently manage creative, web and interactive teams, manage and support web infrastructure, marketing infrastructure and branding initiatives. I engage in and enjoy trade-show and events management, project management, analyst relations and business development. Former employers in central Ohio were ENDFORCE (Now Sophos), SmartPipes, Harris Consulting Group, and Dean Witter, Morgan Stanley, Discover.


PASSION:
I’m An Idea Guy That Loves Social Media and Helping Others.
I always have been. Creativity, ideas and dreams keep me up at night. My family, friends and co-workers and people I help count on me for ideas, recommendations and creative inspiration. Helping others includes the central Ohio small business community, small business owners, students and our fast growing technology community. My biggest passion other than my family at this moment is social media and networking. I blog on my passion at http://www.DanOnIt.com, create and run Tweetups in Central Ohio, and I'm building a social media group called TasteCasting which will launch in March. I love technology, the people involved are brilliant and wired for success. I'm amazed at what social media, social networking and technology enables everyone to do, and to become.

SONGS ON MY IPOD
Good Times by Alan Jackson
My Best Friend by Tim McGraw
Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney
Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band
Waiting on the World To Change by John Mayer
Daughters by John Mayer


WHERE I GREW UP

Grove City - Born and Raised a Buckeye - Have lived in Chicago and D.C. but I keep coming home.

VOLUNTEER

I am a Knight of Columbus and volunteer often to include church activities and salvation army.

EVENTS organized

The Tour of Ohio Stadium - Michigan Week Tour - Nov 08
The Sweet Tweet Meet at the Chocolate Cafe - Feb 09
Startup Weekend - Apr 09
WordCamp Columbus - May 09
Columbus Clippers Huntington Stadium Tweetup May - 09
TasteCasting - Ongoing - Launch Mar 09


Links:
Blog: http://www.danonit.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/harrishammer
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=629691154&ref=profile
Social Media Project: http://www.tastecasting.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/8101Harris

MY COMPANY:
NeuStar
NeuStar (NYSE: NSR) provides the North American communications industry with essential clearinghouse services. We operate the authoritative directories that manage virtually all telephone area codes and numbers, and enable the dynamic routing of calls among thousands of competing communications service providers (CSPs) in the United States and Canada. All telecommunications service providers (TSPs), as well as CSPs that offer telecommunications services to the public at large, must access our clearinghouse as one of our customers to properly route virtually all of their calls. We also provide clearinghouse services to emerging CSPs, including Internet service providers, cable television operators, and voice over Internet protocol, or VoIP, service providers. In addition, we manage the authoritative directories for the .us and .biz Internet domains, as well as for Common Short Codes, part of the short messaging service, or SMS, relied upon by the U.S. wireless industry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home