2.Ohio - Starpower burned bright in CBus last Friday
Brian Behlendorf and Brian Link
Jeff Beeler and Reid Hoffman
Craig Newmark and Tom Williams
Last Friday we held a major event in CBus that was enabled by leveraging social media....following are some links to some blogs and reference information from the event.
Before I forget a big thank you to all that attended the 2.Ohio event. I also wanted to extend my appreciation to Angela Siefer, my wife Sandy Blanquera,Nancy Kramer (and the whole Resource team - Sara Saldoff, Holly Davis, Megan Burnside), Jeff Beeler, Neal Roberts, Kathryn Kelley, Trace Kingham and Tracy Moran (Trace Ltd) for making the 2.Ohio event happen. With Reid Hoffman, Judy Estrin, Craig Newmark, Michael Nelson and Brian Behlendorf in the room the starpower was pretty bright.
I also would like to thank our event volunteers - Catherine Reynolds, Paul Szymanski, John Girgis, Dwight Bowman, Kurt Hoeft, Jeri Horton, Jake Hammond, Jeff Wallace, Arkady Zilberman, Molly Schaedler, Adrian Howard, Brian Zuercher and Liz Zuercher. Without the "grassroots" support of the community this event would not have been possible.
From Tom Williams - Innogage -
If you were fortunate enough to attend 2.Ohio yesterday at the Hilton Polaris, you had the pleasure of hearing from Reid Hoffman (Founder of LinkedIn), Judy Estrin (author of Closing the Innovation Gap, former CTO of Cisco and current CEO of JLabs) and Mike Nelson, (Professor at Georgetown and volunteer for the Obama campaign).
If that’s not enough IT talent for you, mingling with the audience, before and after the event, were Brian Behlendorf (important figure in the open source movement and primary developer of the Apache Web Server) and Craig Newmark (Founder of Craigslist)!
Lara Kretler -Le geek, c’est chic: liveblogging Ohio 2.0
The Ohio 2.0 event has just kicked off and one thing is clear: this is not your father’s tech crowd. This is a hot event with nary a pocket protector in sight. The cool kids are definitely here - and some of them are actually making fun of me for live-Tweeting the event
click here for the rest of the story..
Here some more links:
1. Tim Eby blog - http://reservenotes43065.blogspot.com/2008/10/ohio-20-thought-leaders-community.html -
2. Tweetstream from the event - http://search.twitter.com/search?max_id=955376647&page=5&q=%232Ohio
3. Gary Moneysmith - http://www.moneysmith.com/
4. David Lambert blog - http://blog.componentoriented.com/?p=308
5. Mike Nelson referenced article - Technology Review article - How Obama Really Did It
The social-networking strategy that took an obscure senator to the doors of the White House.
6. Craiq Newmark comment - http://friendfeed.com/e/dedb178e-e60a-6785-960e-74c2bb2f33f8/Columbus-tech-thing-2ohio-looks-to-be-really/
7. Kevin Cronin - http://realneo.us/content/tech-superstars-hit-road-obama-0