Dan and Rhonda DeMuth (who run a local tech company TDCI), serve as the co-Chairs for an upcoming fund raiser to raise money and awareness for the Central Ohio Chapter of National Hemophilia Foundation. They are helping the local chapter coordinate a Hemophilia Walk on Sunday, Oct 25th
at OSU. Participants can chose to walk either 1 mile or 5K. The official start time of the walk is 10am, with registration starting at 9am. The walk starts and finishes at: 1860 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210. Parking will be available in the NE OSU stadium parking lot. Enter from Tuttle Park Place.
You can help us by:
1) participating in the walk and securing sponsors for you as a walker, or
2) making a small donation.
Whichever you choose, you can easily sign-up on Rhonda’s Team Website. Here’s the link. Click on the “Join Team” button or “Donate Now” button to make your selection.
Here is some background information regarding what we hope to accomplish with the fund raising WALK. NHF's Hemophilia Walk is a nationwide event that raises funds and awareness about hemophilia and other bleeding and clotting disorders. Funds raised will go towards crucial research, advocacy and education. Your support of NHF's national Hemophilia Walk will help us and the Central Ohio Chapter fulfill our mission of:
· Funding research toward better treatments and cures.
· Providing education to help people with bleeding disorders avoid debilitating complications and live longer, more active and healthier lives.
· Conducting advocacy initiatives at local and national levels to help ensure access to medical care and equitable insurance reimbursement for all.
· Building awareness of bleeding disorders and promoting early diagnosis.For more information please contact the organization through the following:
website: http://www.hemophilia.org/walk telephone: (614) 429-2120