TechLife midweek update 5.12.09
I truly believe that our community grows stronger everytime we pay it forward and act in ways that benefit others. A key to building a strong network is by adding value to the network. Here's a couple of ideas to pay it forward and add value to your network.
- Bring a friend to meetup and expose them to something new
- Introduce yourselves to others and look for ways to help them
- Become a connector and introduce colleagues with shared interests
- If you see an interesting article, job posting or event take that extra moment and forward it to a friend or colleague
- If you have a particular skill or talent volunteer to share that talent or teach others about it
- Host a meetup
How are you giving back to our community? Something near and dear to my heart is keeping young talent in Columbus. Do you have some time to help grow the next generation? I've got a special ask to TechLife Columbus meetup members.
Join us at on May 20 at TechColumbus IdeaPitch + Industry Forum (by Business Builders Club)
THIS IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLORE INDUSTRIES AND INTERACT WITH TOP UNIVERSITY TALENT!
The event will feature:
* IdeaPitch - a student-led business idea competition with prizes
* Industry Forums - interactive panel discussions between industry leaders and students
* Networking - many opportunities for networking between companies and students.
Students: Find a JOB or INTERNSHIP
Employers: Find TALENTED STUDENTS FOR INTERNSHIPS OR CAREERS
Everyone: Build relationships, Network with talented students and professionals.
Click here for more details.
For those of you who have a stronger appetite for Social Media check out the Columbus Social Media Network meetup - http://www.meetup.com/
Interested in learning more about Columbus Technology - check out the blog devoted to Columbus Technology at http://columbustech.blogspot.
A few quotes from our members:
“ If you are into tech entrepreneurship in Columbus, this is THE group for you. The contacts you can make and the events that are publicized are top-notch. ”
— Brad Griffith
“ TechLife Columbus is FANTASTIC! I'm meeting some amazing business and tech professionals. ”
— Jennifer P.
“ I would suggest anyone who is a technical person to join. Where else can you get excited about technology and have someone else understand you excitement? ”