Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Morning Muses - Sept 8, 2008 - Out of the cubicle...

In 2000 I had my own version of a midlife crisis. I had it all (or so I thought). The exciting job with a big salary and title, the Parade of Homes house and wonderful kids. One day I wrote down my top priorities (family, community building, education) and then wrote down where I spend my time (work,work,work,and more work) . Guess what? The two lists were pretty different and I began experiencing a severe case of cognitive dissonance (according to Webster - cognitive dissonance, noun, definition - psychological conflict resulting from incongruous beliefs and attitudes held simultaneously)


At that point I knew I had to do something and live a more purposeful life. This was a critical moment in my life.



Question to ponder: As you think about your life and how you spend your time. How does what you want to do compare to what you're doing?

Peace out for now,

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home