Friday, May 23, 2008

Job growth

Did you know....

In the last 12 years, employment in manufacturing has dipped 15 percent according to the Bureau of Labor statistics, but at the same time, employment in professional, scientific, and technical services will grow by 28.4 percent and add 1.9 million new jobs by 2014.


BLS also estimates that employment in computer systems design and related services will grow by 39.5 percent and add almost one-fourth of all new jobs created over the next five years.

The question is how are business' going to fill this gap?

What is your business doing to be proactive? Are you concerned?

Ask yourself the question - when I look around how much of my current work force is going to retire in the next ten years and how am I going to fill those roles - am I really comfortable with my succession and staffing plan or am I winging it and hope that the talent will be there?

...more on this topic to come

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home